When a family member is diagnosed with dementia, it can be an uncertain time for the person and their loved ones. Families often have many questions about the disease and what their loved one’s life will look like moving forward.
One of the biggest questions is often, “Will my loved one be able to continue living at home with dementia?” Fortunately, in many instances, the answer is yes. With the help of a trained dementia caregiver and professional memory care services, most individuals can remain in the homes they love even as the disease progresses.
What Are Memory Care Services?
Memory care is specialized care for people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia that enhances daily life with engaging activities and essential support while ensuring home safety and security. When receiving dementia care at home, services can include:
- Assistance with personal care such as hygiene, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Reminders to take medications
- Errand running and shopping assistance
- Transportation to and from social functions and medical appointments
- Planning and preparing meals in accordance with the person’s dietary needs
- Companionship and participation in engaging games and activities
- Respite care for family caregivers
- And more
Who Can Benefit from In-Home Alzheimer’s Care?
In-home Alzheimer’s care is designed for individuals with dementia who wish to remain in their own homes while getting the assistance and support they need. Our dementia caregivers can also provide a much-needed break for family members who have been providing care. Our memory care services can also benefit those who:
- Experience wandering or sundowning
- Need monitoring for behavior or health changes
- Could benefit from a calming home environment
- Need friendly companionship
- And more
Seeking the assistance of a professional dementia caregiver is a big step for families. We are committed to ensuring that all our caregivers receive comprehensive training to guarantee they are confident in their role and can bring peace to seniors and their families.
Find Out More About Our In-Home Alzheimer’s Care
If you have a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia, the team at Inspired Home Care can help! Contact us online or call us at 847-908-5275 to learn more about our memory care services. Inspired Home Care is proud to offer memory care services Arlington Heights, Lake Zurich, Barrington, Palatine, Algonquin, and the surrounding areas.