Big Hearts Home Care: Your Partner in Specialized Services for Veterans
At Inspired Home Care, we are deeply grateful for the sacrifices made by our nation’s veterans and are honored to provide the services and assistance veterans need to live life to the fullest in the comfort and familiarity of home.
We are pleased to announce that we have merged with Big Hearts Home Care, an agency founded by a veteran and dedicated to ensuring that all veterans are fully aware of and able to utilize the benefits available to them through the Veterans Aid & Attendance Program.
Offered through the Veterans Administration, this program provides a monthly allowance to qualified veterans for non-medical, in-home care, and can cover the cost for as much as 10 – 30 hours per week. Understanding and completing the necessary paperwork can be cumbersome, confusing, and time-consuming, but our skilled and experienced team is here to help!
Our trusted Big Hearts Home Care VA-accredited team can:
- Answer any questions and/or refer you to the appropriate VA office for further assistance if needed, and assist with completing and submitting required paperwork.
- Assist veterans and their spouses in maintaining their ongoing benefits by submitting required care notes on their behalf to the VA.
- Train and hire a friend or family member to provide the care if desired, as long as they meet our hiring criteria and are in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Qualifying veterans and/or their surviving spouses must meet the following minimum criteria to be eligible for Aid & Attendance benefits:
- At least 65 years old.
- A veteran, spouse of a living veteran, or surviving spouse of a veteran.
- Served as “active military” status for 90 days during an approved time of war (WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War).
- Received an honorable discharge.
- Meet income requirements.
- In need of assistance with bathing, grooming, meal preparation, etc. on a regular basis in order to stay independent at home.
To learn more about obtaining Veterans Aid & Attendance Program benefits for yourself or a veteran you know, call us any time at 847-787-7572, or complete our simple contact form to let us know how we can help. Please note that Big Hearts Home Care cannot influence the approval process or the final decisions on coverage.